Monday, March 23, 2009

Here is the portrait of my father that I have been working on, I'm not so happy with how the picture has killed all the color in the shadows. I still might do a little glazing on it, but its basically done.


And here is tonights landscape. I'm not satisfied with this one yet, I'm going to go back into it when its a little less goopy and play with it. This one is a first attempt at doing a landscape in reds cause I have a bigger board waiting for one of this color scheme. Maybe make the trees a little more redish umber and the clouds a little more pink and light.


2 comments:

Ray Bonilla said...

raw umber cures everything my friend. glad your trying stuff like portraiture, it's F&*&(ing hard. Im working on 3 30x40 portraits right now .

Dusty said...

Yeah, and I don't know if its just me, but doing a portrait of someone I know really well makes it even harder.

I will sally forth and get mine self a tube of rawest umber on the morrow!